USMC vet needs help brushing up

Harrison
Hey everyone,
Not new to WA but I have been serving in the Marine Corps from 2010 to 2014 then I lived in Las Vegas for 2 years and moved back up here last September. Obviously the Puyallup was closed last year so its been since 2009 since I've fished the salmon run. What makes a salmon a jack?? Tried googling but didn't find anything. Thanks y'all.

Re: USMC vet needs help brushing up

253Caster
Administrator
Hello, thank you for your service and welcome to our Forums. A jack salmon is an undersized or immature Chinook(king) or Coho(Silver).

Re: USMC vet needs help brushing up

aamkajutsu
More information can be found in the state fishing regulations. A coho jack is under 20" I think and for kings it's anything under 24".

Thank you for your service to our country.

Re: USMC vet needs help brushing up

pitchingcoach
Welcome and thank you for your service!.  I drive a black jeep Rubicon and typically fish river road.  Please stop me and say hi.
King
Coho 2
Chum
Pink 57
Steelhead
Cutties 4
Puyallup First Baptist Church, behind the Toyota dealer on River Road,
Church starts at 10. I'd love to talk fishing with you.

Re: USMC vet needs help brushing up

Harrison
Hey y'all I really need some help lol. Spent about 9 hours on the river and still haven't had anything. Had a few bites but nothing on the line for more than 30 seconds. I don't have waders so river road isn't really an option. Anyone free in a few hours that wants to fish the bend/fork of the river by mama stortini's??