Quantcast

Introduction

Tacoma Adam
Hey all, I've been lurking for a few months now and made my first post in the Puyallup thread last week. I figured I'd introduce myself since that's what the polite thing to do is! I grew up lake fishing with my dad, and ocean fishing with my grandpa in Alaska in my teens. Other than a few trips here and there, not much fishing activity for the last 10 years. In August my girlfriend and I broke up, so I was suddenly flush with free time, and fishing was the first thing that came to mind. I borrowed and bought what I needed to get going, and I've been out a few days a week since. I've got plans to head out and do some Steelhead fishing this winter (in between snowboard trips...hopefully we get snow), but have been enjoying the summer and fall so far on the Upper and Lower Puyallup, and a little on the Carbon. I don't know if I've ever met anyone from this board out on the river, but everyone I've met has been really cool. I'm used to sports where newcomers aren't always welcome, and assumed fishing would be the same. I couldn't have been more wrong.
Happy to be here, happy to contribute when I can, and stoked to have caught a bunch of salmon this year. If you see a chubby (but slimming!) guy in a tan Seahawks hat (my lucky hat!), that'll be me, stop by and say hi.