Baked Salmon fish sticks

Beaucephusdogs
Had seen part of a commercial for a different way to prepare Salmon done by Giada Delaurentis on the cooking channel, picked up the jist of what she had done, so gave it a shot tonite.
I filleted and fully deboned and removed the skin from the small pink I'd brought home, cut him into fish stick size pieces and strips.
Pieces were layed out on a cutting board so I could sprinkle seasoning on them, both sides.
I used Johnny's Alaskan Salmon seasoning, but if a person has a favorite, say Old Bay or any other they like, use them. The seasoning was allowed to penetrate and start to draw moisture from the meat, while I got out the other ingredients.
I tossed the seasoned pieces in corn starch to fully coat them,
then dipped them in an egg wash (egg and just a bit of water wisked together)
before tossing them into a mixture of plain bread crumbs and Panko bread crumbs.
I lightly sprayed a baking sheet with Crisco spray, arranged the pieces on the pan without crowding them, gave the coated sticks another shot of Crisco spray, and popped them into the oven set @ 350 with a timer set for 7 min. turned the pieces over and set the timer for another 7 min. and with another quick spritz of Crisco put the pan back in. At this time I also had to try one of the smaller pieces, I was quite impressed so far.
When the buzzer sounded, I turned them once more, to be sure they were browned a little more, and done through set the timer for another 5 min.
They came out golden brown, crunchy like a good fish stick should be, the meat was firm and flaked nicely when bit into, couldn't really decide whether they were better with or without Skippers tartar sauce.
I don't have kids, but I'll bet these will beat store bought bagged chopped and formed sticks, they do for me.
Being a big kid at heart, if you can't tell, I still like a good fish stick.
"And these children that you spit on, as they try and change their world. Are immune to your consultations, they're quite aware of what they're going through."
"And I'd rather play here, with all the madmen for I'm quite content, they're all as sane as me."
(David Bowie 1/8/1947 - 1/10/2016)